Academy of Sport and Education (ASE) acknowledges its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of every child and young person who has been entrusted to its care and is committed to working to provide a safe environment for all members. A child or young person is anyone under the age of 18 engaged in any club football activity.
We subscribe to The Football Association’s (The FA) Safeguarding Children – Policy, Affiliated Footballs Safeguarding Policy and Procedures and endorse and adopt the Policy Statement contained in that document:
The key principles of those and ASE’s Safeguarding Children Policy are that:
· The child’s welfare is, and must always be, the paramount consideration
· All children and young people have a right to be protected from abuse regardless of their age, gender, disability, race, sexual orientation, faith or belief
· All suspicions and allegations of abuse will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately
· Working in partnership with other organisations, children and young people and their parents/carers is essential
We acknowledge that every child or young person who plays or participates in sport should be able to take part in an enjoyable and safe environment and be protected from poor practice and abuse. ASE recognises that this is the responsibility of every adult involved in our organisation.
ASE has a role to play in safeguarding the welfare of all children and young people by protecting them from physical, sexual or emotional harm and from neglect or bullying. Academy of Sports and Education Limited is committed to safeguarding the welfare of adults at risk and children. The company expects and demands that all its staff, players, volunteers and visitors to the site share our commitment.
We believe that staff, players, volunteers and visitors have a moral obligation to report any concerns about an adult or child at risk.
Academy of Sport and Education is committed to ensuring that:
1. The safety and welfare of adults at risk and children under the company’s care is of paramount importance.
2. All adults at risk and children that are involved with the company, regardless of age, gender, language, culture, social background, disability, racial origin, religious beliefs and/or sexual identity have the right to safety and protection from abuse or harm in any form.
3. All suspicions, reports and/or allegations of abuse will be treated seriously and be thoroughly investigated, which may involve the appropriate local authority where required.
To raise a safeguarding concern, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org